Breaking the Rules: How Unlimited Screen Time and Kid-Free Disney Days Made My Family Stronger

As a new parent, I was determined to follow every expert parenting tip out there. From reading to my kids every day to ensuring they got plenty of outdoor playtime, I tried to check off every box on the list of what makes a perfect parent.

But then, I decided to break one of the most sacred rules of modern parenting: I let my kids have unlimited screen time. Despite the warnings and admonitions from experts, I trusted my instincts and allowed my teenagers to explore technology without strict limits.

And you know what? They turned out great.

In a world where we're bombarded with advice on how to raise our children, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and guilty when we don't adhere to the norm. But sometimes, going against the grain can lead to surprising outcomes.

I recently made another unconventional decision: I splurged over $1,000 for a kid-free day at Disney World with my husband. As a theme park enthusiast and annual passholder, this was a departure from our usual family trips. But it was worth every penny.

In this blog, I'll explore how breaking traditional parenting rules and embracing indulgent experiences have enriched my family's life. From the joys of unlimited screen time to the freedom of a Disney day without kids, I'll share how these choices have strengthened our bond and created lasting memories.

Join me on this journey as I challenge the status quo of parenting and discover the beauty of doing things our own way. Who knows? You might just find that breaking the rules leads to the happiest, most fulfilling family life imaginable.

Post a Comment

Be polite and apply decorum

Previous Post Next Post